As an experienced credit attorney, Walter Benenati helps people burdened by debt file bankruptcy in Sanford, Kissimmee, and throughout the Orlando area. If you are unable to keep pace with your bills and the pile of debt is growing larger and larger, then you may need a legal solution to halt the cycle of financial despair.
The Law Offices of Walter Benenati assists clients with several types of bankruptcy:
- Chapter 7: for individuals and businesses, a liquidation of non-exempt assets and discharge of debts
- Chapter 13: for individuals, establishes a debt repayment plan between three and five years
For more information about choosing which type of bankruptcy is right for you, contact our firm for Sanford bankruptcy litigation.
Steps for filing bankruptcy in Sanford
While the requirements and procedure for filing bankruptcy can vary based on the type the chapter that you file, bankruptcy applicants will encounter many of the same considerations and tasks:
- Choosing the right bankruptcy attorney:when filing bankruptcy in Sanford, issues of great personal and financial consequence are at stake; a skilled attorney will offer informed advice and ensure that you are following all of the necessary steps
- Choosing which type of bankruptcy to file: if you are an individual or business in debt, you will have to decide which type of bankruptcy is most suitable for your financial circumstances
- Eligibility requirements: before filing the petition, you must meet eligibility requirements; since the 2005 passage of the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act (BAPCPA), there are stricter rules about who qualifies for Chapter 7; in addition, applicants are required to complete credit counseling and debt managements courses before and after the petition.
- Completing the petition:the petition is like an application and generally requires very detailed information about your financial situation; along with the petition, you are required to pay filing fees
- Creating a repayment plan:for Chapter 11 (businesses) and Chapter 13 (individuals), you will have to draft a debt repayment that is feasible for you and satisfactory for creditor
Throughout all steps of Sanford bankruptcy litigation, the Law Offices of Walter Benenati will be there with you. .
After you have filed, the success of your bankruptcy will depend on your commitment and personal responsibility.