Click to Call or Text
August 2, 2021
June 2, 2021
May 10, 2021
March 26, 2021
February 1, 2021
January 26, 2021
Thomas Scolaro is an expert trial lawyer who handles litigation on a number of personal injury cases for the Benenati Law Firm. Over the course of his career, Scolaro has obtained over $100 million in settlements and verdicts on behalf of injured victims throughout Florida. Scolaro handles all types of complex liability and severe injury cases in all courts throughout Florida. He is a nationally recognized leader in negligent security cases and an advocate for civil justice for crime victims.
He has also advocated and helped pass legislation that now requires any new construction of hotels and resorts with boilers in Florida to have carbon monoxide detectors. Mr. Scolaro pursued this legislation after 25 clients, who were unsuspecting tourists of the Grand Key Resort, suffered carbon monoxide poisoning emanating from the hotel’s boiler system.
Just in the last few years, Scolaro has resolved cases ranging from premises liability, to construction site accidents, sexual assault, and motor vehicle accident cases with catastrophic injuries to his clients. Recently, Scolaro secured a settlement of $7 million, when there was only a $1 million insurance policy, for a young man who became partially paralyzed after falling from the second floor of an apartment complex. He also represented another young man recently who sustained a traumatic brain injury following a rear-end accident caused by a drunk driver.
- Top Up-and-Coming Lawyers in South Florida, South Florida Legal Guide
- 2006, 2007
- Peer selected out of 23,000 practicing lawyers in South Florida
- Florida Trend Legal EliteJ 2005, 2006 (Top Up-and-Coming Lawyers in Florida)
- Superlawyers – Florida Rising Stars 2011, 2012
- Nominated as Most Effective Lawyers in Personal Injury by Daily Business Review
- Juris Doctor (with honors), The University of Miami School of Law, 1999
- HONORS: Dean’s List
- Litigation Skills Trial Class Honors
- LAW REVIEWS: Business Law Review
- Psychology, Public Policy, and Law – Managing Editor
- Bachelor of Science (with honors), Manhattan College, 1996
- Dean’s Honor List
- WGA Scholarship
Admitted To Practice
- All Florida State Courts
- United States District Court
- Southern District of Florida
- Middle District of Florida
Free Initial Consultation
In order to help you more quickly, please fill out the quick contact form. A representative of the firm will contact you to set up a FREE consultation.
We try to make our hours convenient for our hard-working clients by conducting FREE consultations on Saturdays (9-3) and during the week all the way to 5:00 p.m.